Aren't familiar with CBD? Check out our FAQ below. To learn more about why you should go with Tune Wellness when it comes to CBD click here.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HEMP AND MARIJUANA?
Although both are from the same plant species called Cannabis, they are 2 very distinct plants that differ in genetics, cultivation, and chemical process. Hemp is cultivated for many things including: rope, fabric, food, CBD extracts, etc. Marijuana is cultivated to yield high levels of THC. Hemp has very low levels of THC (defined as 0.3% and under) and has no intoxicating properties, where marijuana can contain levels that exceed 20%.
IS CBD LEGAL?
President Trump made history on December 20th, 2018 making hemp federally legal, and is legal in some form in all 50 states. Check with your local government regarding local rules and regulations.
WHAT EXACTLY IS CBD AND WHAT DOES IT STAND FOR?
CBD stands for Cannabidiol which is most commonly known as the "therapeutic compound" with no intoxicating properties. The truth is that it is just one of the hundreds of cannabinoids in the plant that act on the cannabinoid receptors in our Endocannabinoid System.
WILL I GET HIGH IF I TAKE CBD?
CBD from Hemp is non-psychoactive and will not impair the user or get them high. Hemp derived CBD contains less than 0.3% THC.
HOW ARE CBD EXTRACTS MADE?
There are many ways to extract the precious cargo of the Hemp and cannabis plants. Extracts may be obtained using solvents or non-flammable CO2 Extraction. The Hemp Dropz, Canna Hemp, and AliceCBD, and Courtney's Farm Charm Soap Company brands carried at Rustic Oils are CO2 extracted.
WILL CBD CAUSE ME TO FAIL A DRUG TEST?
We sell many products that are THC free, and all of our other products have less than 0.3% THC. This is a very minuscule amount, however, every body is different in the way compounds are stored and eliminated. The safest thing to do is to either ask your employer/Dr. or purchase products with zero THC.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN ISOLATE, BROAD SPECTRUM & FULL SPECTRUM?
CBD isolate is 99% pure CBD, broad spectrum contains CBD and other cannabinoids without the THC, and full spectrum is full plant extract with all cannabinoids found in that plant.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT I'M GETTING?
Any company producing a quality product will always have lab reports to back up their products. In these reports you can find things such as: CBD %, THC %, residual solvent content, heavy metals, etc. There are many products out there that have been tested privately revealing low levels to no CBD, higher than legal amounts of THC and all sorts of nasty things you do not want in your body. As with any thing else in life, you get what you pay for. You are taking CBD for the health of your body, make sure it has nothing in it that will harm you and don't make a decision on CBD because it's cheap.
DOES CBD HAVE SIDE EFFECTS?
Hemp and CBD are recognized as being safe and should not produce side effects in most people.
CAN I GIVE CBD TO MET PET?
Absolutely. All animals have similar endocannabinoid systems (ECS) to humans. CBD oils may be effective for a variety of pet health matters and are safe for use by pets of all types.
CAN MY CHILDREN TAKE CBD OILS?
HOW IS CBD TAKEN?
There are many ways to take CBD and methods that work for some better than others.
- CBD Oil Tinctures: taken on top and back of the tongue and held for several minutes for max absorption.
- Water Soluble CBD: Our bodies are comprised of mostly water and anything we put in our bodies that is not water soluble will not absorb as efficiently.
- CBD Paste: Highly concentrated full extract paste can be used orally as well as topically and is fast acting,
- Edibles: Swallowing it mostly whole allows the cannabinoids to absorb like a time release as the gummy digests.
- Creams and Salves: Helping with symptoms of pain & skin conditions when applied topically. Hemp Dropz pain cream is wildly popular and my personal favorite for putting where it hurts.
- CBD Vape: Vapable CBD is used by many for anxiety and is the fastest absorbing method although not the longest acting.
- Bath & Body products: Your skin is the largest living organ on your body. Use a CBD bath bombs, soaps, and lotions to relax sore muscles, reduce inflammation, and decrease pain.